Whipped Coconut Milk

Whipped Cream Using Coconut Milk

This is wonderful news for everyone who may be avoiding dairy. As I mentioned in my last recipe, we haven’t been consuming as much dairy in the last several months. It was really hard for me, because I love dairy!  But I am happy that we have finally broken away and that I have discovered the wonderful use of Coconut Milk. I have been hooked since.

When I baked Benjamin’s  Almond Flour Pineapple Upside Down Cake for his birthday last September, I had topped it with this Whipped Coconut Milk. It is simply amazing. As long as your can is properly cooled in the fridge you shouldn’t have any trouble whipping it up.

And since this is a coconut recipe, I will add it to my Coconut Oil series even though it is not oil. I have been on a coconut binge lately he he!

Place a can of Coconut Milk in the fridge over night before you try whipping it up. And make sure your fridge is cool enough, because when I made my Peppermint Mocha I wanted to top it with this whipped cream and the cream in the can hadn’t cooled fully due to the fridge not being cold enough, so I couldn’t use it.

Shake the can, if you can hear and feel the liquid moving around it is not cold enough. And I do not recommend putting your cream in the freezer. I have tried this before and it messes up the cream as well as crystallizes it.

This is what it will look like when you open it up.

Scoop out the cream on top. You will find the Coconut Water sitting at the bottom. Be sure you don’t scoop out the water when scooping the cream. You will only need the cream with this recipe, so you can throw the water out or find another use for it. A yummy coconut smoothie or something.

Simply take an egg beater or your Kitchen Aid and begin whipping the cream.

Next you can add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue mixing.

Once everything is mixed well and you can see it has a nice consistency it is ready!

Pour your whipped cream into a bowl or jar and store in the fridge for when you are ready to use it.
Or you can use it right away.  Another neat way of mixing up Coconut Milk, is by turning this recipe into a Chocolate Coconut Mouse. My sister made this recipe on her blog. It is astonishingly tasty! And if this is creamy, her recipe is perfectly thick!

I am having a blast doing this Coconut Series. I am not sure what will be coming next, I love the anticipation of something new ;)

It looks like we will officially be moving in two or so weeks, so we shall see what happens.

Happy New Year!!

13 Comments

1. Aly December 30, 2012 at 12:10 am - Reply

Cool idea to whip it, and for the tips with chilling. :) Now I have to go check out the chocolate version!

• E. Ann April 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm - Reply

Thank you Aly for your comment and visit :)

2. Amy December 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm - Reply

Mmm, Mmm….. Sounds so good and what a great idea to chill the whole can. I have got to find some of that. Did you get it at the health food store or an actual grocery store?
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year Elizabeth!
    Love you,
    Amy

3. E. Ann December 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm - Reply

~Thank you Aly and Amy!

~Yes Amy you should be able to find coconut milk in the grocery store. Look in the foreign foods/Asian section. They also sell coconut cream, which is a lot richer. I like it too, but it is a little bit more expensive so I prefer the coconut milk. The coconut milk is only like $1.50 a can I think :)

4. Pam January 1, 2013 at 3:04 pm - Reply

This is wonderful! I love all the directions, they are perfect and clear. I wish I had picked some coconut cream up yesterday, because it all looks so good, and I could have used it to make something special today…. such as chic mousse lol. I love your post so much Sweetie. Your pictures are beautiful.

Love you so much,
    Mom

5. Pam January 1, 2013 at 3:08 pm - Reply

I noticed after I posted the comment above, I said chic mousse, when I meant to say chocolate mouse (must have been thinking of Marie’s post get it? Baking “Chic”… chocolate mousse… haha), oh well…since I can’t correct the typo, just thought I would mention it.

Love you,
    Mom

6. Pam January 1, 2013 at 3:10 pm - Reply

Okay so here I go again, I noticed that after I attempted to fix the first typo I posted another and instead of mousse, I said mouse. I better quit while I am ahead. Is there such a thing as chocolate “Mouse”?

Bye again

7. E. Ann January 1, 2013 at 10:30 pm - Reply

Ha ha Mom! I have done the same thing like two days ago. I was searching chocolate mouse something and there was “no results” lol! Then I realized my mistake and laughed really hard! :) Thanks for your sweet comments. I love you and can’t wait for a catchup chat tomorrow!

8. Roxy January 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm - Reply

Wait let me get this straight you found a chocolate mouse eating coconut mousse on
    the Web?

Okay I am laughing my head off at my own joke, I gotta get out more often.

No really it sounds amazing!

Happy New Year to a very precious friend!
    Blessings to all of you!

9. E. Ann January 1, 2013 at 11:08 pm - Reply

Ha ha lol Roxy!!! You got me laughing all over again!!! Happy New Year, love you all!

10. Marie January 6, 2013 at 3:12 pm - Reply

I had such a blast with this recipe Elizabeth! You are amazing and still can’t get enough of this stuff! You are amazing dear sister!

LOVE you
    ~ Marie

11. Tegan January 16, 2013 at 10:33 pm - Reply

How long does it keep in the fridge for usually?

• E. Ann January 18, 2013 at 9:45 am - Reply

Hi Tegan, I haven’t had it in the fridge longer then a day and a half, but it kept its thickness. It may keep longer I just haven’t tried :) let me know if you try it!

Leave A Response