Fresh Raw Goats Milk

Raw milk has been a dream come true for us. It is not as easy to come by here in the U.S. these days, as many of us are sadly aware.

When I discovered the benefits and how amazing raw (real) milk is, I had a hard time drinking the regular store bought stuff. Even Whole Foods Organic milk troubled me as I gave it to Winston. Winston did end up having an allergic reaction to milk from the store so we got used to drinking almond milk.

But this milk he can drink without worry!!

Here is a great article about raw milk and why I am so enthusiastic about it. After reading it, I went and poured myself a huge glass of milk and guzzled it down, it was that encouraging! πŸ˜‰ empoweredsustenance

Isn’t it just beautiful!

Straining the milk.

Β Twice a day I will be out milking our goats. It is nice to see how lovely and enjoyable it is. Sometimes busyness will take over and I overlook and forget how wonderful something is.

My sister Marie and her family are currently in Arizona while her hubby grows our business there and so we sadly miss their company. We also have a lot more milk to use up now. I have had fun looking up some recipes to try. I have just about gotten the hang of yogurt and will post the recipe when I can. I also made one batch of feta cheese, which turned out pretty good.

I discovered Winston really enjoys chocolate milk. It has made it fun for him and makes me glad to see him get that healthy milk down, as well as use it up!

Please share what you do with your milk. I would love your inspiration!

πŸ™‚

7 Comments

1. Pam July 6, 2013 at 3:26 pm - Reply

I miss goat’s milk and I miss you and I miss Winston… Love the pictures, they do my heart such good. Winston looks so cute!.
    Love you,
    Mom

• E. Ann July 20, 2013 at 3:02 pm - Reply

Mom, I wish so bad I could give you some of our abundant goats milk, it would be so good for your asthma! Winston is missing his Grammy and Grandpa, I think, another trip is needed! I.love.you.

2. Amy July 8, 2013 at 12:33 pm - Reply

Great Pictures! Winston is such a cutie! I haven’t had goats milk since I was little, so I’m not gonna brag about the store milk. πŸ™‚ Marshall loves chocolate milk too! Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Noah really enjoys that strawberry milk and I figure if that’s how I can get them to drink it, then so be it. I hope you are enjoying your summer!
    Enjoy your visit with your dad!!
    Love Ya,
    Amy

• E. Ann July 20, 2013 at 2:49 pm - Reply

Mmmm strawberry milk sounds good! Marshall is such a cutie! I can’t wait for our boys to play together one day! Thank you we had a blast while he was here πŸ™‚ Love you too…..

3. Roxy July 9, 2013 at 6:20 pm - Reply

Well Hello My Dear Friend,
    Goats and the sweetest cutest little man I have ever seen! Girl he is so cute!!!
    I love goat cheese, but the milk is something I am not sure I have drank enough of it to acquire a taste for it !
    Enjoy your Dad!
    Miss you so much…
    Blessings, Roxy

• E. Ann July 20, 2013 at 2:47 pm - Reply

Thank you Roxy! I am sure if you tried our milk, you wouldn’t know the difference πŸ™‚ Thinking of you all while you are at your conference! Miss you too….

4. Dawn November 19, 2013 at 11:31 pm - Reply

Goat’s milk makes fantastic real homemade pudding! It was so rich that I had to use less sugar. And it is lower in fat than cow’s milk, and it is already mostly homogenized so it’s easier to digest. We raised goats in our early years of marriage and our son drank the milk after breast feeding was done. Our nurse said it was no problem!

Leave A Response